[meteorite-list] Mossgiel Meteorite

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:04:13 +1100 (EST)

Listoids

Many thanks to those Listoids who offered kind words of support to me

In jest (maybe) - my out of the blue post seems to have meant my old
sparring partner Jeff K is off the airwaves for a while... read the news
at http://www.qmig.net to see the littany of crooks in our little
meteorite community

I have to fly to Brisbane next Monday to begin a trial of treatment - wait
and see if this is useful or not...

I'll spend some time at the Queensland Museum (QM) handing over my
Queensland collection

It's reminded me of olde metlist articles about succession/Estate planning

QM will carry on with what I had hoped to complete - to finalise a
Queensland chondrite thin section collection and to liaise with other
colleague/s for a portfolio of polished thin section pictures - as well as
the pocket guide I had hoped to publish with a focus on thin section
pictures ? much like an earlier publication from the Western Australian
Museum (but that one NOT on Queensland meteorites)

There'll be some of you who realise just how much technology and cost is
involved with taking this exceptional quality of micrographs - it's not
something you can buy for a few bucks from Tandy etc - shitloads of very
expensive equipment and painstaking time and effort are required for a
result like the Mossgiel pix

I still believe that some of the portfolios of photos make an exceptional
case to publish limited edition prints as a executive unique high-end wall
painting... you know where I am if you want any...

I'll get a few done down south next week as a trial balloon indeed QM is
considering whether they can brand, copyright and market some through
their Museum shopfront

Ciao