[meteorite-list] 5 reasons to record meteorite coordinates

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:07:05 -0800

Good morning Martin,

???

I'm still not too sure of what you are saying but I'm trying my best. I have reread your post several times and I think I'm understanding more of it the more I read it, but I'm not too sure how Jason fits into all this as I didn't mention him at all (?). Sorry if I seem a bit more confused today than usual.

Of course I understand the importance of find documentation. That was my point in response to Carl E. You're not confusing me with Carl E. are you? There're two of us here, you know. :) Three if you count Karl.:D Maybe four if you include Carl the lurker. Lol! And, yes, I'm also glad of the NWA meteorites. Almost half of my collection are classified NWAs. Love every one of them, too. I think your quote below sums up everything you said? I certainly agree on that. Thanks, Martin!

Carl2

Martin wrote, in part:

>...That laws would help or would be necessary to preserve coordinates is in my
opinion a spurious discussion.
First of all, most desert meteorites and the most significant desert finds
in USA, I guess, are found by experienced meteorite hunters, well knowing
about the importance of find documentation...

I wrote:
>Another way to see how important co-ordinates are is just to look at what's
happened to the NWA meteorites. Nobody knows where they are found, so many
pairings and unclassified stones!