[meteorite-list] It is a sad day.....

From: Dennis Miller <astroroks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 12:42:55 -0600

Hi Gang!!! Your rights to federal lands are spelled out in the Code of Federal Regulations.
In title 43 Part 8365.1-5, you are entitled to pick up mineral materials as provided under
subpart 3604. "Not for resale" These laws are reviewed on a quarterly basis. Title 43
is not up for review until October 1st. And even then, changes to these regulations rarely
make it to the floor of the congress, which it must do before the law or addendum can be
made. It all falls under the Executive branch of the government. But just in case you
can shoot Ken Salazar, Secretary of Interior, a note. WWW.doi.gov He is a Colorado
rock-hounder.
Keep your chin up! Happy Hunting!!!!!
Dennis Miller