[meteorite-list] It is a sad day.....

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 18:12:24 -0800 (PST)

Carl,
That just means you cannot locate a mining claim on those types of materials.? Those materials are considered "salable" and different regs apply?if you want to remove large quantities (anything of commercial purpose, even for?a small hobby business) - usually leasing the area (which requires reclamation bonds).? But you're right,?you are just collecting interesting rocks, not meteorites.? That's what I do - I only find meteorites on my brother's properties and my property.? And I never take anything older than 10 years (other than pretty rocks).

Mark