[meteorite-list] Possible Type

From: Greg Stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:15:54 -0700

Wayne:

First off - Congratulations on a sweet find.
I would certainly return to the area and hunt it very well, as there may be more, but if it is a single fall - that would be amazing as it does not appear to be a complete stone.? The lack of metal could be due to weathering or maybe it's an LL.? The Chondrules are generally larger in LL vs. L's or H's.? Also in LL's the metal often is concentrated with larger blobs, while and other areas have no metal at all; the metal is very unevenly distributed.

I would cut the 20% of the total weight and get it classified.

Good luck and again congratulations.

Greg S.