[meteorite-list] URGENT...

From: Richard Kowalski <kowalski_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:23:24 -0700

Hi Stuart,

apparently these hackers got into yahoo's servers, and thus had (and probably
still have) access to hundreds or thousands of accounts. They did not just
access my address book. I'm also somewhat relieved to see that it wasn't my own
fault by having inadequate security that caused this intrusion.

These emails were sent FROM my account. My password was changed and a very poor
attempt was made to cover their tracks. The messages sent to a few concerned
friends who responded make it clear this person was in my account and very
anxious to get any funds they could before their intrusion was noticed. Luckily
those involved were very wary since the scammer could not answer any questions
that I would have been able to easily answer and refused to call the person
involved as they repeatedly requested.

I am very grateful that there are people willing to lend me a helping hand if I
ever needed it, but also that they were aware and wary enough to ask the right
questions to keep this scammer from succeeding and alerting me rapidly so I
could take action as quickly as possible.

I would suggest that anyone who has a yahoo mail account that you change your
password immediately as you may be next!

--
Richard Kowalski
Catalina Sky Survey