[meteorite-list] Your First Meteorite - When did you Get It

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 13:21:21 -0700

Hi Stuart and All,

Welcome, Stuart! Hope you enjoy and learn from this list as much as I. You mentioned MikeG, John (Moonman), Adam H., Greg H. and Greg C., all knowledgeable collectors/sellers. I have bought stones from them as well.

I'm sorry I am so late for this thread. I've been away. My first meteorites were not for me. I bought two 120g+ very weathered stones from Dean Bessey for my kids who were collecting rocks and minerals. I didn't know anything about meteorites, so I just bought whatever looked good. Actually now that I know a little better, they're rather ugly. However, their interest in collecting minerals were waning at this time. This was about three years ago. I thought these would be the ultimate rocks for their collections and would get them interested again. Real SPACE rocks!! Well, they accepted the meteorites without the interest I had hoped. In the meantime I started reading everything I could about meteorites. A month later I bought my first 400g Campo. I've been hooked and out of control ever since. My kids, well, they have their own non-meteoric hobbies but they still have the first meteorites I got for them.

Carl2