[meteorite-list] June 23 Colorado fireball

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:26:01 -0600

I recorded a very bright fireball over Colorado on June 23 at 2:49 am MDT.
It produced a terminal explosion of magnitude -13, brighter than a full
Moon. It was fast and steep, and exploded pretty high. Also, I suspect it
was a member of the rare (and possibly non-existent) June Lyrids, so may
well have been cometary. All of this points to a fireball that didn't
produce meteorites, but I figured there might be some interest here, anyway.

http://www.cloudbait.com/science/fireball20100623.html

Be sure to view the videos- the terminal explosion is very impressive.

Chris