[meteorite-list] real jobs

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:39:06 +0200

Hmm in recent times people on the list seem to be always somewhat quickly
insulted...

> I would love for it to be my full time job

That's easy Joe. Just apply for a job as chief meteorite procurement
operator at the museum in Perth.
I read in their annual report, that they want to enlarge their meteorite
collection.

Reach an agreement for a probation period, based on your success.
Promise them to double the number of new meteorites in whole Australia per
year due acquisitions and ask for that performance a salary like a curator
or half of a professor.

Don't be afraid, the pressure to perform won't be that hard for you.
Bring them 2 NWA-OCs per year, you know, that 25$/kg-stuff and every 10
years or so an NWA-EUC and you'll keep your promise.
Hence you'll work only 3 days per year.

If somebody will complain, refer to the Euromet-Aussie-expedition, where the
costs for the Millbillillies and Mundrabillas and weathered OCs they found,
were >1000$ a gram
and buy some Millbillillies and Mundrabillas for them from professional
dealers to calm them.

Nooo, was just a joooooke. (Euromet made also science, science costs).

Hmmm, how would one define a "real profession"?

Maybe if one meets with ones meteorite activities' profit after all
costs&taxes
the average U.S.-net-income per capita? (how high is it?)

Best!
Martin

PS: still I'm wondering, how the little chiropody shop in my street survives
the decades, but that I never found on Earth a meteorite store?

It's raining goooold from the sky....?

Better: it's raining CALLUS from the sky !!!

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----