[meteorite-list] The Ward-Coonley Catalogue of Meteorites - 1904

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 04:06:10 -0500

Count, List,

I didn't upload this to Archive.org. I just stumbled
across it and, even before I snatched a copy for myself,
realized that many Listees would like to know about it.

The good thing is that this copy is a "true" formatted PDF
from an OCR scan, not a collection of scanned jpegs. You
can select a portion of the text or images and copy them
out of the PDF and paste them elsewhere.

If you use the "Search" function at Archive.org for
"meteorites", you get 251 returned items, usually
older (and out-of-copyright) meteorite literature.
The scientific publications are usually very outdated,
but there's a lot of historical accounts.

For example, there's the Field Museum publications
on individual falls, like BENLD, the first meteorite
known to hit a car, with the full story as well as
pictures of the car (and the garage in which it was
parked at the time it was punctured).

Take a look at the front end of Archive.org:
http://www.archive.org/

Over two million books, over a quarter million movies,
over a half-million audio files, and archival copies of
150 billion vanished webpages.

Let me think, how many hard drives is that?

Sterling K. Webb