[meteorite-list] Claimed pairings

From: Bob Loeffler <bobl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 13:49:46 -0600

> Your analogy about finding a body with a bullet in the head argues against
you. Yes, of course you wait for the autopsy. Anything less is NOT science.

I agree with Richard. The police, district attorney and medical examiner
will never assume (at least in the US) that the bullet in the head killed
the person. An autopsy will always be required because this usually
indicates foul play (aka murder). How many times have we seen that the
bullet didn't kill the person? Lots of times. Maybe that was done to throw
the authorities off from the real cause, like slow poisoning over a 6-month
period by a pissed off wife. :-)

If something doesn't stand up to scientific scrutiny (or never even tested),
then it's just more BS and somebody will get away with murder (or fraud in
the case of meteorite buying/selling).

Regards,

Bob