[meteorite-list] Latest Meteorite Find in Plainview - ID HELPREQUESTE D

From: Steve Schoner <schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:39:48 GMT

Taylor,

Send me a small fragment or partial slide of at least 1-2 grams and I will make for you a petrographic thin section, for free. I can provide it uncovered or if you wish with covers slip (doing now experiments with cover slips that can be easily removed for SEM-microprobe work.)

BTW: I think your find is looks to be similar to Dimmit, of which I have a large full slice in my collection. Dimmit is an interesting breccia that encompasses quite a plethora of meteorite types, and is pretty distinctive.

Steve Schoner
Petrographic Slide Technician
http://www.petroslides.com
IMCA #4470