[meteorite-list] Mercurian Meteorites (was: Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - June 16, 2010)

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 09:55:58 -0700 (PDT)

Iron in meteorites is a funny thing also... it may come from impacted material that forms breccias.
NWA 5000 has a nice amount of iron in it for a lunar.

There are many awesome PDFs about angrite meteorites here:
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/search/?cx=002803415602668413512%3Acu4craz862y&cof=FORID%3A11&q=NWA+2999&sa=Search#1307

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682