[meteorite-list] Mysterious Flash on Jupiter Left No Debris Cloud

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:06:36 -0700 (PDT)

I saw the debri field! Its right there the same color as the background! If you stare at it long enough you can even see the man on his portch with his dog! To make this meteorite related. At 5:02 am on the 16th I observed two NEO's. The first was as bright as Jupiter and only moved a little as it was nearing the end of its fly by. After it became too dim to see the second one traversed from left to right to dissapear in the same location as the first. I live in central time and the location it faded in was due east about 30deg above the horizon. Since there were no eye visible NEO'S expected could one of you astronomers take a look see and verify ?