[meteorite-list] Hammer Question

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:45:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers,

This is a very interesting question I asked and its fun to see what people on the list think what makes a meteorite fall a hammer fall or not based on value or what it hits. From what I can tell is when fragments from a meteorite fall hit a man made object the meteorite fall is called a Hammer Fall. Good example, Park Forest meteorite fall/hammer fall. Not all stones hit a man made object but the ones that did, are called hammer stones and that's why the meteorite fall is referred to as a Hammer Fall.

Wouldn't it be cool if a meteorite landed on one of the Meteorite Mens driveway on their birth day.... I wonder how much that would go for?

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBaystore
http://shop.ebay.com/photophlow/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340