[meteorite-list] Hammer Question

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 05:15:54 -0700

Hi Shawn,
        This is a question of where one chooses to draw the line.
I know some that consider paved road hitters to be hammers.
I am not one of them. However, technically, it does meet the
Criteria. In fact, technically, a dirt road would meet the
Criteria - but not for me - but as I said, it is a personal thing.
 PS: Some people also put a great deal of value on "near misses"
Where someone actually witnesses a stone striking near them.
An interesting category that interests me only somewhat, but
Really excites some others.
        Hope this "answers" the question.
        Best wishes, Michael