[meteorite-list] Rock testing...best place

From: Barry Hughes <bhughes_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 20:28:08 -0400

Hi, Jason,
I kind of wish the curator at Ohio State had told me it was a creek
rock sometimes. I guess I just can't throw it out back and forget it.
 How sure do I have to be to get it tested?..1%, I don't think I have
to be sure at all? If the only guy that I had personally look at it
with an eye scope thing, had not told me to get it checked, maybe I
could live with not getting it checked... I'm not going to be
disappointed if it isn't, I think it will be relief..:).The money will
be well spent.
Thanks,
Barry

ps. I'm kinda amazed how upset some people get with this..I'm sure
there are people out there that would be eager to take my money and
analyze a driveway stone...:)