[meteorite-list] http://www.qmig.net thin-section project !

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:02:09 +1000 (EST)

Listoids

The http://www.qmig.net thin-section project continues...

As prev - I intend to delete and rotate webpages to save on server space
and bandwith

http://www.qmig.net/mossgiel has had 684 pageviews ! and is being
"retired" later today

The postman has been kind to me again today delivering me CDs of
micrographs of COLE CREEK, KAPOETA and TOOKABARNOO once again in a more
methodical format with plane-polarised and cross-polarised pairs at x20
mag, x50 mag, x 100 mag and x200 mag

As always I'll upload selected micrographs in a downsized file size to
save on server space and bandwidth

New webpages will be at:

 http://www.qmig.net/colecreek

 http://www.qmig.net/kapoeta

 http://www.qmig.net/tookabarnoo

Bear with me as I write and upload the webpages this arvo

I'm particularly pleased to be able to upload the TOOKABARNOO thin-section
webpage - it's the first Queensland chondrite thin-section webpage I have
uploaded... I do hope to upload a complete collection of Queensland
chondrite thin-section webpages before I die (which I hope will be well
after xmas 2010 and hopefully further away from that !)

(p.s. ROCKHAMPTON was long ago deemed lost) - A CD of micrographs of
NARYILCO should arrive shortly and I have high hopes it will provide some
extraordinary micrographs

I have asked if I can borrow "intersting" thin-sections from listoids
particularly hammer stones with no concrete result as yet

I had hoped that listoids could usher in a new spirit of co-operation on
the list - the micrographs by and large are a resource for you - I have
already copied CDs for listoids to use as a personal and educational
resource - all I ask is that you do not make commercial use of them

I do undertake to return borrowed thin-sections as soon as practicable and
it is a genuine offer for you to obtain micrographs for the cost of
airmail alone !

Youse knows where I am if you want a CD of the raw hi-res micrographs
straight off the camera... I may ask for a small PayPal donation to cover
my postage and handling costs

Best
Bob WALKER
http://www.qmig.net