[meteorite-list] A question for the scientists - Bunch, Rubin, others.

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:00:55 -0400

Hi Listees,

I have a question for the scientists and meteoriticists on this List :

At what point in your academic career did you decide to pursue
meteoritics? Did you set out from the beginning to study meteorites,
or did you move to meteoritics by some twist of fate or serendipity?

I wish I had been "turned on" to meteorites earlier in my life, so I
could have decided to pursue it as a career, and not as a hobby. But
alas, this old dog is too old and poor to enter college again and
pursue the science. So I am curious what led our experts to the field
of meteorites.

Best regards,

MikeG