[meteorite-list] I (Heart) Lovina

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 16:46:57 +0200

As is also Angra Dos Reis.

It is said (litearture) that:

"A stone of about 1.5kg fell in the latter half
of January, 1869. It fell into the bay of Angra
dos Reis at a water depth of 2 m, in front of the church of Bom Fim".

I visited Angra Dos Reis in 1998 and went to the
very place where the meteorite was seen to splash.
It was said ("local memories", after some
inquiries) to have been found, after a few diving
attempts, at a distance of about 7 to 10 meters
from the shore (this approximate distance would
of course depend on the tide that day).
Apparently nothing had hit the nearby ground...

Zelimir