[meteorite-list] AD - Something you rarely see - Lanton Missouri Iron

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 10:15:54 -0400

Hi Listees!

I have samples of the super rare Lanton iron meteorite (IIIAB)
from Howell County Missouri. It was found by a farmer in 1932, broken
into pieces and covered in a thick rind of oxidized shale.

The vast majority of this meteorite is in the collection
of the Missouri Bureau of Geology and Minerals. Through a trusted
contact, I was able to acquire several grams of shale fragments from
one of the Lanton masses. As far as I know, I am the only dealer on the planet
who is offering this material. If you are a collector of US
meteorites, Missouri meteorites, or iron meteorites - don't miss this
rare opportunity to own a piece of this iron meteorite that is locked
away from the private market. I am offering micromount samples of
this meteorite that consist of several substantial shale fragments.

Some of the larger fragments have shiny, unoxidized metal in them.
These choice fragments will go to the earliest buyers.

I also have PDF copies of the Journal of Geology where the Lanton meteorite
was first published. (Vol. XLII, No. 3, Apr-May 1934) The paper is
"A Newly Found Meteorite from Lanton, Howell County Missouri" by James S.
Cullison, and Garrett A. Muilenburg. Copies of this paper will be given to
all buyers on request.

Asking price is $10 each, which includes shipping.

To order or inquire, contact me off-list at - meteoritemike at gmail.com

Thanks for looking and have a great sunday!

MikeG