[meteorite-list] Cool melt vien interacting with iron, micrographs

From: Starsinthedirt at aol.com <Starsinthedirt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 15:43:36 EDT

Hi List, I just posted to my Face Book page a set of images.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119298541434619#!/profile.php?id=10000
1085692590

DaG 478 L6 viewed at a magnification of 1600X in reflected light. This
material has some melt veins which look cool but where the melt interacts with
iron is very interesting.

I think you iron fans will get a kick out of these.

One again, I will get them up on my Meteorite Times Micrograph Gallery as
soon as I write an article (sort of) and Paul has the time to upload.

Thanks, Tom Phillips