[meteorite-list] OT- Non Meteorite Crater Photo

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:30:47 -0400

Here in Florida, sinkholes are a part of daily life. As a teenager,
one of the houses down the street from me had to be abandoned because
a sinkhole opened up under it and the house was deemed unsafe for
habitation. The family moved and put the house up for sale. They
pumped concrete under the house in an attempt to stabilize it. It sat
on the market for about 10 years before it finally sold, probably at a
big loss.

Sinkholes are common to areas with karst-type geology. In China, they
have mega-sinkholes that are called "Tiankengs" - some of these are
over 1000-feet deep.

http://www.chinaculture.org/gb/en_curiosity/2004-08/10/content_58840.htm

Best regards,

MikeG