[meteorite-list] Not a Meteorite - Still An Impressive "impactor"

From: Paul H. <oxytropidoceras_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 6:54:30 -0500

This hailstone is not a meteorite. Still I would not
want either me or my car to where it fell.

Heavy hailstone may smash U.S. record Giant ice chunk fell
near Vivian last week by Jeff Martin,Sioux Falls Argus Leader
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100728/NEWS/7280302/1001

"The hailstone weighed almost 2 pounds. It was 18.5 inches in
circumference and 8 inches in diameter when measured over
the weekend, after considerable melting."

South Dakota hailstone might be world record by Associated
Press, Pioneer Press, Twin Cities
http://www.twincities.com/ci_15612519

Yours,

Paul H.