[meteorite-list] Meteorites as Ammunition

From: dave carothers <carothersdl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 02:53:21 -0400

I never saw the movie, but there are plenty of historical references to
cannoneers using scrap of all kinds (metal, glass, rocks, gravel, lengths of
chain, etc.). The common "commercially-made" equivalent ammunition was
grapeshot and canister rounds. Getting hit with grapeshot or a canister
round would definitely make your eyes water.

Dave