[meteorite-list] First photographed meteorite orbits

From: Dieter Heinlein <dieter-heinlein_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 20:07:24 +0100

Hello Ed and list,

I'd like to add some corrections to the numbers in your last mail:

PRIBRAM - Fell April 7, 1959 - first recovered meteorite with a known
orbit - 4 fragments found, largest 4.250 kg - total 5.555 kg recovered.
The specimen weight were: 4250, 772, 428 and 105 grams respectively.

LOST CITY - First triangulated meteor photographed by the Prairie
Network in the U.S.A. Fell 3 Jan 1970 and found 9 Jan 1970.
4 fragments found, largest 9.830 kg - total 17.322 kg recovered.
The specimen weight were: 9830, 272, 6580 and 640 grams respectively.

INNISFREE - Fell 5 Feb 1977 - Photographed by the Canadian MORP
Fireball Network - 11 days later a 2.07 kg sample was found a
                           few hundred meters from the predicted
computer projection. 8 other fragments have since been found, Total
mass 4.576 kg.

Best regards

Dieter