[meteorite-list] Crater Meteorites?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 20:05:27 -0400

Hi Richard and List,

Generally-speaking, all impact craters have meteorites associated with
them, but the crater must be recent for the meteorites to be extant.
Of course I mean "recent" in terms of geological time. The most
ancient craters have no meteorites remaining. But we can collect the
associated impact breccias, tektites, impactites, etc. Any crater
that looks "fresh" is a great candidate to find meteorites, unless
it's been hunted out.

But to answer your question, I am not aware of list of collectible
meteorites and their associated craters. Maybe that would be a good
project for me, like the Recent Falls of the 21st Century page that I
did. :)

Best regards,

MikeG