[meteorite-list] Free Angrite samples for educational use/study

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:46:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi to all. I hope everyone is doing good today.

I know many places would like to be able to study rare material such as angrites, but cost and budgets simply do not allow for it.

I would like to offer some small cutting fragments (pure angrite material)to a few places that could use it for research.
The material is small fragments, but would be great for XRD and similar testing.

I will cover postage and supply a small amount to 3 institutions that can use it on the condition that the findings of the testing be shared with the community.

Also, if anyone is willing to do cosmic exposure testing, I will supply a sample for that.

Please, no collectors. This is an offer to share material for study/research only.

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites