[meteorite-list] USB 2.0 mp Digital Camera

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:24:21 -0700

Good morning All,

Thank you for your comments. Actually I do not own any thin sections. I was asking if this USB camera is good for taking pics of my micros and slices. I like that I can view the subject on a computer screen before making the actual photograph. Seems easy to do because I am not camera savvy but would like to create pics for my meteorite catalog. My biggest concern now is if I can photograph larger subjects, like something around 3.5cm or larger? Would this, at least, be able to focus if I can raise the camera up?

Carl2

I wrote:

>I've been thinking of getting one of these for a while. Has anybody used this
for taking pics of micros and larger slices of meteorites? Is the cheaper 1.3
mp a better deal?