[meteorite-list] Opinions please

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 10:01:49 +0200

Imho, the surface looks a bit like a weathered iron meteorite with iron
shale, no stone meteorite weathers in a thick crust like that. But it
isn't magnetic and the weight (shipping weight 3 pounds) is too little
to be made out of solid iron. That rules out any meteoritic origin.

My guess is a normal rock with a crust of iron oxides or carbonates and
I would not even pay postage for it if I got the stone for free.

/G?ran