[meteorite-list] Moon Trees

From: al mitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 22:50:02 -0400

Hi Richard and all,

One of the Shuttle Missions I covered at the Kennedy Space Center, took up
seeds that were eventually brought back down and given to school kids to
plant later on to study any anomalies.

I believe that meteorites (small) have been take up and brought back down
but not planted :-)

Also Richard Montgomery, If I've told dealers and collectors once, I've told
them a hundred times to not touch magnets to their meteorites as it
magnetizes them :-) Seriously though, studies on magnetic properties are
conducted and specimens that haven't been altered by magnets are needed to
check these weak magnetic fields.

--AL Mitterling