[meteorite-list] What types of meteorites do you collect?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 12:59:20 -0400

Hi List,

I collect all meteorites that I can afford. This includes common
types, NWA finds, and unclassified material.

As finances allow, I like to focus on whole crusted peas of recent
falls. Specifically, I collect all falls since 2000 - the "21st
Century Meteorites". I prefer small specimens of high quality over
larger specimens of lower quality - so that is why I gravitate towards
whole crusted peas.

I also like achondrites and planetaries, but I can usually afford only
specks or crumbs of such material.

Best regards,

MikeG

--