[meteorite-list] Lorton, Smithsonian and "cool" scientists thinking

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:52:46 +1100

I've always wondered why more scientists involved with meteorite study don't
deal with private collectors more. My belief is that it's probably more of a
personal thing and not nessicarily a tradition one.

But the proof is in the pudding as the saying goes! Just look through the
Met. Bull. from the last decade or two. Time after time you will find the
scientists who are doing the majority of the work AND also the most
important study are the ones who deal with collectors and dealers on a
regular basis.

Cheers,

Jeff