[meteorite-list] If Yogi Berra collected meteorites

From: Dark Matter <freequarks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:51:27 -0700

HI All,

In need of another mental distraction from work, I noticed that a
famous Yogi Berra quote would apply to meteorite collection if
slightly tweeked. So with apologies to the great man himself, here are
some other variation that I think preserve some of the spirit of his
original mixed message.

I knew it would be my biggest piece until I got a bigger one.

Nobody goes to the Tucson show anymore. It?s too crowded.

It?s pretty expensive, but it doesn?t seem like it.

It was hard to purchase any specimens because everyone was too busy buying them.

An achondrite ain't worth a chondrite anymore.

You wouldn?t have won the eBay auction if I had outbid you.

If people don?t want to buy your meteorites, nobody?s going to stop them.

It ain?t your till it?s yours.

My collection has deep depth.

When deciding between two specimens, buy it.

If the specimen was perfect, it wouldn?t be.

Meteorites ain't what they used to be.

I never bought most of the things I did.

Ninety percent of meteorite collecting is half luck.

Best,

Martin