[meteorite-list] Additional GPS files for Tucson visitors

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:35:26 -0800 (PST)

For those of you who'll be joining the rest of us in Tucson starting this week, and use GPS navigation units when traveling, I have created a few other POI files that may be of interest.

The first is called "Optical Valley - Tucson Arizona"

I probably don't have to remind the members of this list that Tucson is the World Capital of Astronomy. In addition to Kitt Peak, we also have Mt. Lemmon, where I work, Mt. Hopkins, were the MMT is located and Mt. Graham, where the Large Binocular Telescope is located. This file can also be used as a tour guide.

You can read more details about this and the locations the file contains at:

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/17651

Tucson is also home of Saguaro National Park, the only National Park so close to a major population center.

For those who need to get out for some fresh air, Saguaro has over 165 miles of hiking trails that range from easy, level one to others that rise thousands of feet into the mountains.

The file, located at:

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/17355

has the location of both visitor centers, east and west, all of the trail heads, and a number of other points of interest within the park's two units.

Enjoy your trip to Tucson.

--
Richard Kowalski
http://fullmoonphotography.net