[meteorite-list] D'Orbigny and Hammer Stones Super SALE Ad

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 18:36:16 -0800

Fellow Meteorite Enthusiasts,
This is my first SALE since my computer crashed last February.

I have some TERRIFIC specimens today ? some marked down so low no one who
wants some of the material will be able to pass it up. SALE prices range
from 25% to 65% off depending on my cost and whether it can be replaced at
any price - combined with an urgent need for immediate cash.

NOTE: PHENOMENAL DEAL ON D'ORBIGNY!

All hammer specimens are from the Hammer Stone, itself, not just
The hammer fall.

I must raise money immediately, so, if you want something you would
otherwise pass on, you can even make me an offer. Though I have set prices
so LOW already, if no one buys a particular item before Tuesday, I will
consider offers tendered.

        First to contact me will get the specimen, so, if you have 2 of the
same type, please mention first preference as well as others you would take,
if any.

THOSE WHO MUST COPY/PASTE ? All photos can be
seen at: http://news.webshots.com/album/576346410QQIRJq

All others ? click on individual photo listings below for largest photos:

SYLACAUGA ? the most significant hammer stone, having been well documented
as striking poor Hulitt Hodges, March 30th, 1954. These are very small frags
from the core cut from the Hammer stone granted to The King Collection.
        Now mounted in 4.25 X 5.25 inch Riker Box with
Photo of Mrs. Hodges being examined by a Dr.
        Only a few of these small frags left = $150 ? 40% off SALE = $90-
PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Sylacauga5X4.jpg

D?ORBIGNY ? (ANGRITE) Buenos Ares, Argentina, 1979.
One of the rarest and costly meteorites and not often available, especially
in sizes over 1 /4 gram. Here: 2.1g Superb specimen ? Fusion Crusted on one
side = $2,100 ? 65% off SALE = 735-
PHOTOS:
#1 http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/DOrbignyBknSd2.jpg
#2 http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/DOrbignyFCSide2.jpg

BOVEDY April 25, 1969 (L3) Londonderry, N. Ireland Crashed through a
STORE ROOF.
The fireball was mostly described as blue-green in colour over Wales, and
"fiery-white" in Northern Ireland, with a brightness equal to or brighter
than the full moon. Everyone who saw the meteoroid also saw a very clear
tail in its wake. Fragmentation was clearly seen by a number of observers.
Subsequent press reports of scorching of the asbestos roof and desks in the
immediate vicinity of the meteorite fragments have been discounted, from
the evidence collected.
This being a hammer with a very low TKW, a beautiful(L3) AND only the
Second meteorite from Ireland and the first fall ever wound recorded has
made it VERY difficult to get:

Catalog PRICE: $1,000/g ? SALE ? over 40% off

2.678g Extremely thinly cut (with wire saw) slice, which results in an
extremely large surface to weight ratio,
with edge of Black Fusion Crust = $2,500- SALE $1,500
PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Bovedy2_678g.jpg

3.375g - another Extremely thinly cut (with wire saw) slice, which results
in an extremely large surface to weight ratio, with edge of Black Fusion
Crust
= $3,250-SALE = $2,000-
PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Bovedy3_375g.jpg

ASH CREEK HAMMER STONE ? Hit HOUSE
When the meteorite fell, a man sitting at his kitchen table heard something
strike his roof. He thought it was a small tree limb. However, when he went
out to his car, there was a black stone, which upon closer examination was
engrained with shingle grit from his roof. He later found the damaged
shingle on the roof and had to replace it.

PHOTO OF WHOLE STONE & SHINGLE:

STONE: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Conglomerate.jpg

SHINGLE: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/AshCreekRoofTyleW.jpg

Specimens are only 1.2mm thinly sliced (dry - with wire saw) Full and Part
slices of the 124g House Hammer Stone with black Fusion Crusted edges.
These show the profound veined matrix some with large metal bleebs.
The material is very strong.

Each comes with copy of signed & notarized COA. The photos speak for
themselves:

(NOTE: This will be the only sale on this material. After this,
the prices will remain firm and go up from there as stock declines)

1.180g Part Slice with Fusion Crust on small edge =$295-SALE = $235-

PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/ACPtSL1_180g.jpg

1.255g Part Slice with Fusion Crust on 2 edges = $325- SALE = $250-

PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/ACPtSL1_255g.jpg

2.496g Half Slice - Fusion Crusted natural edge =$625-SALE = $500-

PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/ACHalf2_496g.jpg

2.826g Part Slice with 60% Fusion Crusted edge =$700- SALE = $565-

PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/ACPtSl2_826MgrFC.jpg

3.430g Half Slice - Fusion Crusted on natural edge =$850-SALE = $685-

PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/ACHalf3_430g.jpg

6.508g Full Slice - 100% Fusion Crusted edge =$1,300-SALE = $975-

PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/ACFullSL6_508g.jpg

6.645g Full Slice - 99% Fusion Crusted edge =$1,325- SALE = $1,000-

PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/ACFULL6_645g.jpg

6.683g Full Slice - 99.5% Fusion Crusted edge =$1,335-SALE = $1,000-

PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/ACFULL6_683g.jpg

16.204g End Piece with original notarized COA & the roof tile = $7,500-
PHOTOS: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/ACEndPcFC.jpg

http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/ACEndPcFace16_204.jpg

WORDEN September1, 1997 (L5) Worden, Michigan -
Struck a GARAGE & CAR
Mr. Foster and his two sons were working in the backyard of their home in
Worden, located in Eastern Michigan. They heard a loud and sudden noise like
that of a car crash. They rushed to their front yard and discovered a
disaster had occurred in their own garage. Plaster and insulation could be
seen everywhere & day light shone through a hole in the roof. The car roof
had been smashed in by a stone from outer space.
See Photos Here: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/WarCarW.jpg
And Here: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/WorRHoleW.jpg

SALE = -33% (this will be the only sale on this material)

.371g 1.2mm Super thin Pt Slice with FC edge = $375- SALE = $250-
PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Worden_371g.jpg

.843g 1.2mm Super thin Pt Slice = $845- SALE = $565-
PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Worden_843g.jpg

1.870g 1.2mm Super thin Pt Slice with FC = $1,875- SALE = $1,250-
PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Worden1_870g.jpg

3.981g 1.2mm Super thin Pt Slice sith FC = $4,000- SALE = $2,675-
PHOTO: http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Worden3_981g.jpg