[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - January20, 2010

From: Jim Strope <nwa482_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 23:20:19 +0000 (UTC)

Matt, Gary and list.....

This is a project that has been going on since 2008, between Shauna, Mike, Robert, and Myself. It has been a lot of work but we have made some great friends in Canada. We are working on an informational website which will be ready in a couple of days or so. So you will all have more photos and videos to see. I think it will give a real feel on what this project has been like.

Of course we will all be in Tucson to give you the detailed scoop in person.

Unfortunately that piece in Shauna's video is still in Canada along with other pieces we found.

We do have a limited amount of small pieces, with export papers, which will be available in Mike Farmer's room at the Inn Suites Room 184. We will photocopy the paperwork for anyone who buys a piece.

It is a long process to abide by Canadian export laws, but it seems to be a fair process for everyone involved... Hunters, Land Owners, and Canada.

Seems like amazing discoveries are being made by many teams lately. The Arizona fall has been exciting and I can't wait to see "Meteorite Men" tonight. I am in Tucson right now but I have my DVR set up at home to record it.

See you all in Tucson !!!

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV ?26038

http://www.catchafallingstar.com/

>>>Yes this is sweet news indeed. Well done!! When are those slices going to be ready? :)
Matt