[meteorite-list] Meteorite Pairing Discussions

From: John.L.Cabassi <John_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:38:29 -0800

G'Day List
This has been a very interesting read. Quite some time ago, I brought up
the question about NWA 4024, which apparently on the card that
accompanied it and the Met Bull stated a TKW of 38.1g. But there's
definitely alot more out there ??? Is there pairing going on here?

http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?sea=nwa&sfor=names&ants=&falls
=&valids=&stype=contains&lrec=50&map=ge&browse=&country=All&srt=name&cat
eg=Winonaites&mblist=All&rect=&phot=&snew=0&pnt=Normaltable&code=34296

And now for another, I purchased this off of Tom some time back. NWA
231, the met bull lists is as being provisional, it has yet to be
classified. The main mass was 1054g. What I have is 1048g, 6 grams are
missing; I think due to polishing a window. But I confirmed with Michael
C. and it was confirmed. The label on the rock states "NWA 231" so
everything checks out. But it's yet to be classified. I have not found
the time to go ahead with this, but I was curious that NWA numbers were
handed out prior to being classified.

http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?sea=nwa+231&sfor=names&ants=&f
alls=&valids=&stype=contains&lrec=50&map=ge&browse=&country=All&srt=name
&categ=All&mblist=All&rect=&phot=&snew=0&pnt=Normaltable&code=31470

Any thoughts?

Cheers
John
IMCA # 2125