[meteorite-list] Beaver Crossing

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 06:55:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mike, Darren-

Thanks for the info, Mike. A half ton main mass may mean that smaller pieces were likely to be in the area. I expect that you hunters will be taking a look around when the weather gets warmer; it is quite likely that while the Native peoples did pick up whatever fragments they could find, they did not find all of the fragments.

I would not be surprised if some of those fragments that they found turned up in later excavations, but as Darren points out, that may not give you a fall date, but simply their find date.

Geoff, Steve, when "Meteorite Men" starts in on season two, please ask Discovery if they'll fund my joining you for the hunt.

I am tending an ill friend here in frigid Illinois, and really miss not being able to be there in sunny Tucson.

Ed