[meteorite-list] Joe's meteor-wrong

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:41:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi Joe,

I think it is time for your meteor-wrong to get another name besides Joe's meteor-wrong. Following the meteorite naming conventions, what is the nearest point to your "finds"?

I think you might have good luck with a monograph, showing the "strewnfield" distribution and how and who finally determined it was a meteor wrong.

This monograph might be very useful for dealing with those who come in to labs with meteor-wrongs, showing them how even pretty well educated collectors can be fooled by good looking meteor-wrongs.

Ed

PS - Kinko's will do a plastic binding at a very low cost.