[meteorite-list] Tucson Group Meteorite Hunt? Warning!

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:30:39 -0800 (PST)

Be careful what you say! We have one of the "Moon Trees" right outside LPL.

What is a Moon Tree?

They are trees grown from seeds that flew to lunar orbit with Stuart Roosa on Apollo 14.

Read here for more information:

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/moon_tree.html

The moon tree outside the Kuiper Space Sciences building, where the Arizona Meteorite Exhibition will be held, is a Sycamore (platanus occidentalis). More can be found out about it here:

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/moon_trees/tucson_tree.html

--
Richard Kowalski
http://fullmoonphotography.net