[meteorite-list] Christian and his first meteorite find

From: Thomas Kurtz <Thomas.Kurtz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:37:18 +0100

Dear list,

I?m so sorry reading the sad news.
We knew each other since last century and I was often talking with him on Gifhorn/Munic/Ensisheim shows.

One day, when I was in my home in Poland Erich Heiderer and Christian gave me a call to get some advices for Morasko-irons hunting.
Instead to go to Morasko I recommended to go to the fresh fall area near Moravka in the Czech republic.
They followed my advice and after 7-8 days hunting Christian found a great individual of around 130g under a tree ! I was so happy about his discovery and excitement to find his first meteorite !
Later in Gifhorn he gave me a small piece of it as a gift.

Rast in peace Christian and keep an eye to hazardous asteroids.

With sympathy to Christians family,

Thomas Kurtz /Ries-crater/Germany
--
GRATIS f?r alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!