[meteorite-list] Christian Anger

From: Matthias Bärmann <majbaermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:12:29 +0100

Hello Robert, Anne, list,

"Anger" is a medieval German word which means "place, covered by grass" or,
more concrete: a public place like a meadow f.e. which could be used by all
inhabitants of a village or a small town, for meeting, coming together, for
dancing, for herding the cattle during the night. This meaning has a
pleasant aura of common life, relaxation, celebration, intimacy.

If you like, please listen to "Uf dem anger", a medieval poem with music by
Carl Orff (Carmina Burana) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8FR5tft6G0 ,
evoking the villagers on the "Anger", celebrating the beginning of
springtime, the awakening of nature after a long winter (Anne Black in the
Rockies, listen!).

As I already wrote on the German meteorite forum, I knew Christian only by
email-exchange. I sent him the last mail on dec. 10th, only four days before
he died. He was so patient, open-minded and friendly, this sudden death is
really hard to believe.

So let's stay together.

With best regards,

Matthias