[meteorite-list] Christian Anger + Gero Kurat (1938-2009)

From: Jörn Koblitz <koblitz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:20:17 +0100

I am deeply saddened to learn about the death of Christian, a fellow collector and friend for so many many years.

Sadly, this is not the only terrible news from Austria, recently:

Prof. Gero Kurat, the former curator of the meteorite collection at the Natural History Museum in Vienna, Austria, and past president of the Meteoritical Society died on November 27, 2009, at the age of only 71.

http://www.meteoriticalsociety.org/news_display.cfm?code=news_intro&itemID=51&CFID=3978395&CFTOKEN=27350152

http://solarsystem.wustl.edu/2009/12/01/gerot-kurat/

Both great individuals will truly be missed! My sincere condolences to his families and friends.

Joern Koblitz

Meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com