[meteorite-list] {MPML} 2010 AL30: Bright (14th mag) newly-discovered close approaching object

From: Richard Kowalski <kowalski_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:30:12 -0700

Bill,

I know of a large number of meteorite hunters and collectors that would be
rushing towards the impact zone for an object this size and smaller.

I'm not sure how close I'd want to be to a 60 meter object's impact point, but a
few 10s of kilometers should be sufficient to get a great seat for the show and
then be on the scene to recover fragments in very short order...

Richard