[meteorite-list] Haley is a Girl!

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 13:28:36 -0800

Hi all, a very special email today... Thank you for reading. ;)

A Must See! - Halley's Comet Nucleus
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100104.html

Interesting factoid: "...This debris shed from Halley's nucleus
eventually disperses into an orbiting trail responsible for the Orionids
meteor shower..."

Though most people on this list probably know this, you'll have to
forgive me for not knowing because I usually don't follow meteor
showers.... ;) It's particularly meaningful to us for a very special
reason and it added to our excitement. Why were we excited?

Recently we found out we're having a baby girl. Like most expecting
parents we had picked out names for a girl and a boy. We chose
astronomical names of course! ;) Jaime chose the name Haley if it
happened to be a girl and I chose Orion if it were a boy. What we didn't
know is that there was a connection between Halley's Comet and the Orion
constellation. You're probably smiling to yourself right about now
because you guys already know it is the famous meteor shower that
radiates from that point in space in the form of the Orionids!

Now That's Cool!

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA