[meteorite-list] Thankfully, the tsunami was a dud

From: Linton Rohr <lintonius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:58:03 -0800

Good news, indeed, Tracy. And Gary, and Mathew, and all our other Pacific
dwelling friends. That could have been nasty.
I recall hiking Kauai's Na Pali coast, and trudging up, up, up the hills
from the beach. After perhaps 10 minutes of climbing, I'd see those
prominent signs stating that if I was above that point, I'd be safe from a
tsunami. Yikes. I'd be hard pressed to get up there fast enough, if the
water started receding at the beach.
Linton