[meteorite-list] Tsunami alert

From: Matthew Martin <mmartin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 08:00:11 -1000

Things are getting pretty busy here on Oahu. Lines at gas stations are horribly long. Boats are evacuating harbors...The City & County has evacuation busses going around the island?the Fire Department is doing evacuation rounds?almost everything is closed...and there's still crazy people out surfing! And no, I'm not talking about Gary. ;)

The Earth shook a lot yesterday... 8.8 in Chile last night, a 7.0 near Okinawa yesterday (no tsunami generated), and a 2.5 near the southeast coast of the Big Island yesterday. The Okinawa earthquake is the largest they've had in over 100 years.

To my fellow list members in the islands, take care and stay safe.

Aloha,

Matthew Martin
Kaneohe, Hawaii