[meteorite-list] NEW Ungrouped Achondrite - NWA 5297

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:37:08 -0500

Hi Greg and List,

Very unusual and interesting specimen Greg.

One thing that strikes me with some of these ungrouped meteorites (and
even some like Lodranites), is how they superficially resemble a
weathered OC on the outside. I wonder how many of these oddballs I
have overlooked in my shipments of weathered uNWA?

Was there something about the external appearance of this specimen
that caught your attention? How did you decide to have it classified
as opposed to the thousands of other similar-looking stones you have
had? Just curious.

Best regards,

MikeG