[meteorite-list] Lovina / Not Crystals

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:20:55 -0500

Hi Folks,

One last word here....

While it is tempting to refer to the ziggurat structures atop Lovina
as crystals, they are not. (I was corrected when I made this error.)
These geometric forms are the result of a subtractive weathering
process on an organized matrix of troilte, a geometry aided by the
presence of tetrataenite.

Changing subjects but not entirely, I just wrote a pal something I
would like to share: while it shouldn't really be this way, it's more
fun and so much simpler having a common chondrite that hit a car. ;-)

All the best to everyone / Darryl